Email: Contact Michelle O. Murray
Michelle’s primary areas of practice are Education Law, Health Law, Business Law, and Civil Litigation. She provides legal services to public school districts in matters involving health plans, board policies, and ERISA compliance, and represents businesses in employment and contractual matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Michelle was an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney in Cuyahoga County, where she represented the Division of Children and Family Services in child abuse and neglect cases. As a prosecutor, she gained extensive litigation and trial experience. Michelle also clerked for University Hospitals, and has experience in health law, corporate practice, non-profit issues, employment law, and civil litigation. Michelle is also certified in basic mediation.
- Education Law
- Health Law
- Business Law
- Civil Litigation
- Ohio, 2014
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law – J.D., Health Law Concentration with Honors, 2014
- Denison University – B.A. in Economics, Certificate in Organizational Studies, 2010
Associations and memberships
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
Previous legal employment
- Cuyahoga County Prosecutors Office (2014 – 2016)
- Boyko & Dobeck (2014)
- University Hospitals (2013)
- The Honorable Judge Raymond J. Ewers, Lorain County Court of Common Pleas (2012)
Chester L. Sumpter & Associates, LLC serves clients throughout Ohio, including Clermont, Cuyahoga, Erie, Hamilton, Huron, Lorain, Muskingum, Ross, Sandusky, and Summit Counties.