Daniel S. Burley
Email: Contact Daniel S. Burley
Dan’s primary practice is representing and counseling public school district health plans. He represents the plans in litigation and advises their boards on such matters as coverage, reporting and disclosure requirements and the preparation, design and modification of plan documents and various administrative policies.
Dan also represents and counsels public school districts on widespread matters including ethics issues, public records requests, and acquisition and disposition of property.
Prior to joining the firm, Dan gained extensive litigation experience representing individuals and liability insurance companies in various legal actions, including personal injury, medical malpractice, product liability, toxic tort, workers compensation, and insurance coverage issues.
- Ohio, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2007
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University — J.D., 2005
- University of Cincinnati — B.A., 2002
Previous legal employment
- Kelley & Ferraro, L.L.P. (2007-2010)
- Davis & Young, L.P.A. (2005-2007)
- 7th District Court of Appeals, Ohio (2003-2004)
Chester L. Sumpter & Associates, LLC serves several clients throughout Ohio.